Autumn won't be here until the 22nd, but we have had some rain that chilled us down a bit. Finally, it feels like September, but that could all change by the end of the week. Of course, this has not stopped all the Fall decor and Halloween treats in abundence.
Last week was catch-up for me after the colonoscopy. Work was tiring, but I still enjoy the team I work with. Although, I feel like I work in a sweatshop. My director stays in coat half the time because she is always cold.
Things I've learned after a colonoscopy. Actually, it's my third. The first one was like being at a disco. I was in the twilight zone. The second one, I was knocked out cold and dreamed the most beautiful Chinese Drama while the last one was just a light sleep and I heard about everyone's late summer vacation plans. By the way, I got a good report from the colonoscopy. I also got meds for the Silent Heartburn, and they're helping.
1. Many prep solutions are now over-the-counter laxatives here in the states. You start with a stool softener a few hours later half a bottle of Miralax (7 capfuls) mixed in a 28 oz. Gatarade (the Frost flavor is best becaust you don't want the red or blue one) That was taken at 4 p.m. and the last half of the laxative at midnight.
2. Just park yourself in the bathroom. Watching your favorite shows on a tablet or phone does help.
3. If you are going to want to nap, wear Depends or some sort of disposable panties.
4. Even the ride to the proceedure, you might need some fresh disposable panties.
Of course, it was dark when we left for this adventure to go into the city and my husband almost dropped me off at the wrong place, but eventually he found it. Then after being dropped off was the start of all sorts of errors. He went to a waiting room upstairs while I was in the waiting room downstairs. Finally, we met up and all he could talk about was how if he had a Chihuahua. Yeah, he didn't get any sleep that night either. After, a quick breakfast, we both napped the rest of the day. Next month is his turn for a colonoscopy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi, I love hearing from people.