Saturday, August 6, 2011

Olivia Wilde


The first show I remember Olivia on was NBC's Black Donnellys. She played Jenny Reilly. The series didn't last long, but she made an impression of the mysterious love interest of the main character.


Some might remember her... all the way back from the OC. In 2006 she was in Alphadog. Olivia has been in a wide range of movies. From Year One (a comedy) to Tron which was not a comedy. And now to be in Cowboys & Aliens with Daniel Craig.

(In the interview Wilde at Heart to Sara Vilkomerson to The New York Observer on April 15 2007) When people saw "The Black Donnellys" (2007), they didn't know it was the same girl from "The O.C." (2003). I'm a natural blonde, but I feel like a brunette. I feel like people treat me now how I should be treated. People used to be shocked, when I was blond, that I wasn't stupid. I used to get these comments that I swear people thought were compliments. Like, 'Oh! You're smart!' - like they couldn't believe it.

But you might have remembered her best on House M.D.

Olivia was born in 1984 in New York City. She was married to Tao Ruspoli, an Italian American documentary filmmaker, photographer and flamenco guitar player.


1. Is a natural blond.
2. Is a vegan.
3. Is Irish-American.

Ryan and Olivia in THE CHANGE UP.


Adopted her professional name "Wilde" after she developed a profound respect and admiration for Irish poet and writer Oscar Wilde and his body of literature.  Her real last name is Cockburn.

7 comments:

  1. didn't know about the oscar wilde allusion. that's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous. I absolutely adored the editorial of her in NYLON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks great with dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is the IT girl...this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, it always is so weird for me to find out that celebrities have different names... Wilde vs. Cockburn is definitely a huge difference, haha! I definitely like her "professional" choice though. And yeah, she is freaking gorgeous. Saw her in that Cowboys & Aliens movie and she was quite good, though I'll always think of her as 13 from House, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant get over how different she looks with all those hair styles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad she's being taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.