Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Three Musketeers - movie review



Oh, this is a film some will get and some will not get.



I thought it was fun. But you'll never know who stole the movie though. It was not a musketeer. In fact it was Freddie Fox who played King Louie.



Don't get me wrong, this movie has plenty of swashbuckling scenes. Logan Lerman as D'Artagnan has a dazzling smile that holds us through most of the film. Although, I think it would have been even better if he'd had a tad of an English accent. Even better... if the French had a French accent, but that never happens in period pieces about France. Unfortunately.



But the film is a lot of fun. And if you want, well, you'll have fun at this movie. There is Milla Jovovich as the double agent spy. You can't forget a very fashionable Orlando Bloom as the duke of Buckingham. And their are the fun quips between Bloom and Freddie who I might add is quite a fox in this film.



The muskeeters are a bit depressed at the start of this film. Matthew Macfadyen is Athos and Luke Evans is Armis. Both so charming in their roles. But some still can't enjoy a Muskeeter film without Tim Curry. Yet, some of us very well can.


Freddie & Juno

This movie has such wonderful cinematography. Amazing warships in the air. So beautiful. And Juno Temple as the queen just shows Juno can play just about anything. Hopefully, we'll see more of Gabriella Wilde, as D'Artagnan's love interest, in more movies to come.

It was such a great cast. I'm sure I can't say enough about them. Denmark's Mads Mikkelsen played a great villian in this film, as well. And I loved  Dexter Fletcher's small part too as D'Artagan's father.

STORYLINE: The hot-headed young D'Artagnan along with three former legendary but now down on their luck Musketeers must unite and defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous employer from seizing the French throne and engulfing Europe in war.

We like our Logan with short hair and non-swashbuckling scenes best.
 tumblr

7 comments:

  1. Milla Jovovich looks stunning. I had no idea Orlando Bloom was going to be in this movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! ! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG BACK:

    seekthesleek.blogspot.com
    if you follow my blog:
    - I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
    - I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
    - I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
    AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR LATEST POST & LEAVE A COMMENT.
    LIST ME ON TWITTER , SO I WILL KNOW U'RE MY FOLLOWER
    -YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK IF U WANT, I WILL ALWAYS CONFIRM MY FOLLOWERS

    (PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I wasn't interested in this movie when I saw the trailer.
    Now I kinda want to know more about it :)
    I hope your days are going well, dear.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i definitely wasn't interested to see this movie as i think it's been done so many times, but now i may think about renting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an interesting cast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of this movie but Orlando bloom seems a bit typecast now doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.