Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jake Bugg



In the new folk tradition of Ben Howard, Ray La montagne, Johnny Flynn comes Jake Bugg.


Someone told me a girl I like, fell in love and all I did was cry,
Jake Bugg - Someone told me



"This guy Jake Bugg is 17, although you wouldn’t think it from the maturity in his voice and the songs he writes. He sounds like a young Bob Dylan from the folkiness in his voice and music. Simple acoustic guitar emotionally filled folk music." - The Music Words 




"Another young lad with tremendous potential and don’t just take my word for it - he’s recently been signed to Mercury Records. ‘This young singer/songwriter from Nottingham is only 17, but is already producing music way beyond his years. Influenced by the likes of Donovan, Don Mclean, Bob Dylan, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix, you might think Jake was born in the wrong era. He played Glastonbury in 2011, keeping the spirit of the first Glastonbury of 1970 alive.’ " - Jenx

And he sounds a bit like the Tallest Man on Earth (Kristian Matson), too.

4 comments:

Hi, I love hearing from people.