Monday, July 1, 2013

The Bling Ring





Sofia did an amazing job at giving these shallow, semi obnoxious characters a little depth. Even though the depth to these characters is meant to be taken a little humorously because of there grandiose and obscured sense of life style, it was still enough to draw you in.
Sofia ALSO did a great job of excluding sexuality from this film. She didn’t exploit these young kids in any sort of sexual way and there was no emphasis on sex appeal. Which is very rare for a teen generation film.-OkayBrian

/STORYLINE: Inspired by actual events, a group of fame-obsessed teenagers use the internet to track celebrities' whereabouts in order to rob their homes.
Taissa Farmiga (Vera Farmiga's younger sister) played Sam who was just along for the fun of it.


 Katie Chang as the ring leader Rebecca was a cool cucumber. It was striking up a friendship with Isreal Braussard's Marc that started it all. He just went along for the ride. So wonderful that these two were cast in the true event story.

 The Bling Ring was surprising to me. It turned out to be a lot more about the psychology of the situation, rather than a lot of the acts and then the following media coverage. It was almost as if…. I felt their actions were a little justified. Especially Mark’s character. Every step of the way, I understood why he did it. It made sense. I can see how it could be addicting, too. There’s something about these nice, luxury things that makes people want more and more. I’m sure that’s why the luxury goods market is booming; people can’t resist coming back for more. You can’t have one pair of Louboutins. You can’t have one Louis Vuitton. These things are bought in multiples, even if you don’t realize that when you buy it.-jac

Friends on the beach. Honestly it was a cool depiction of teenage life in Hollywood. Everyone wants to be a star, or at least dress like one.
Kids on trial.

It is said by insiders that Emma Watson watched her character, Alexis Neiers's reality television show, Pretty Wild to study her body language and how she acted around people. 



One of my favorite films this year! Loved the soundtrack and of course the way Sophia shot the film. This has to be her best film yet.
Tumblr

6 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see this film! LOVE Sofia and Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loved Sofia's direction in this. Emma was fantastic too..along with Katie Chang and Israel, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally don't care for bio-pics..but this was the best I've seen in so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not even heard of this before, but now I wanna see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to see this! I saw the trailer and was squeeing! The trial and news reports were fascinating. It made me wonder if I could of been like that as a teen. Its not all that hard to fall into these situations. Ppl think it is, but its not.
    Great report :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.