Monday, September 2, 2013

This is Us

It made #1 in the box office this week. Amazing! Actually, it was an easy enough documentary to follow with a few of their well loved songs squeezed in. Honestly, it was a lot better than some band movies I've seen in the past. It was as if it were a love letter to their fans. It showed an intimate side, especially with their families and being away from home.
Zayne really wowed me with all his creativity and what he's done for him family since joining One Direction.
The movie was filled with their prankster humor. They are after all just boys who love what they do. As one of them put it in a camp fire scene near the end. They wanted to be remembered as a boy band that couldn't dance. I really found the movie to be very sweet an showing their fans they do appreciate them.


One of my favorite scenes of course was with Harry talking about Keith Richards.


I loved their conversation about which country was best. Of course, someone's favorite was Ireland while the other kept insisting England. It was great to see how they were fascinated with other countries and wanting to know what to eat and what not to eat.

I gotta say for second there near the end of the film at their camping scene I thought it might turn into an INBETWEENERS moment just getting the fire going, but Louis to the rescue.


Definitely, the movie had some great moments of how it all started back at band boot camp and how they all became friends.

One Direction definitely pleased their fans with this film.


Tumblr

3 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting one - they are adorbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cool :) I'll probably catch it when it's out on DVD!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.