Sunday, June 15, 2014

Just a little short

#EllieWriterShorts


I could feel it already and I wasn't even gone.

It was prickly as the cold wind on my back on a late May day. Why did I know that things were going to change with Dex?

I thought of last fall when we danced in the corn field on a bomb fire night. We were perfect then. Full of laughter. 

Winter was cozy and we made a snowman and fell in the snow, fluttering snow angels. 

Spring brought allergies and we were sick together. but neither of us cared. We still kissed, our foreheads touching. Such bliss. We could finish each others sentences.

How can I let summer get to me? There will be others in their skimpy summer suits, all legs. Abs exposed. Skin turning gold.

I will miss us. Just give me a week and I'm sure I'll love summer camp. But not yet. Not yet.

I'll miss Dex and hope we can start all over in August.

*inspiration from Tegan and Sara's Don't Find Another Love. I finally found (2014) Endless Love's soundtrack on Amazon.

1 comment:

Hi, I love hearing from people.