Wednesday, July 9, 2014

They Came Together



This is one of those films you can watch at home via Amazon Instant video or at the theater. I'm glad I watched it at home.

David Wain's satirical romantic comedy that pokes fun at the very motifs and conventions that define romantic comedies as a genre is pretty damn hilarious. 

Its a romantic comedy staring Amy Poelhar and Paul Rudd. Basically, its about two people who hate each other..yet fall in love. Now with that kind of storyline..wouldn't that be pretty unique. Well, it wasn't. It was rather silly.

I wanted to like it. I mean, the cast was so fun with little cameos from so many actors. The plot was kind of ridiculous. The pacing was so uneven. One minute you had such G rated humor and then something vulgar would happen with a boss or something and I just wanted to snarl my nose up.

So basically, this will go straight to video and there is nothing really original about it. Unfortunately.

STORYLINE: When Joel and Molly meet, it's hate at first sight: his big Corporate Candy Company threatens to shut down her quirky indie shop. Plus, Joel is hung up on his sexy ex. But amazingly, they fall in love, until they break up about two thirds of the way through.

tumblr

1 comment:

Hi, I love hearing from people.