Monday, December 7, 2015

The Unbelievable Truth

The Unbelievable Truth



STORYLINE: After serving time for murder, Josh Hutton returns to his home town where he meets Audry Hugo. No one can remember exactly what Josh did, but they are all wary of him, especially Audry's father.

This is an indie classic from 1989. My favorite Hal Hartley film. Granted, it is truly  character driven with their own mysteries and philosophies of life, yet they may sound robotic at times, all saying what Hal wants them to say. The film takes place on Long Island. Truly the start of an explosion of the indie film world for the 90's.


Jane - The Waitress: I know what you need.
Josh Hutton: Excuse me?
Jane - The Waitress: You need a woman.
Josh Hutton: Oh?
Jane - The Waitress: That girl is crazy.
Josh Hutton: I know but I like her.
Jane - The Waitress: Yeah, but she's leaving town.
Josh Hutton: So I've heard.
Jane - The Waitress: So come on, what do you say? I know what you need.
Josh Hutton: Excuse me.

2 comments:

Hi, I love hearing from people.