Wednesday, January 4, 2017

When the days were warmer

When the days were warmer

I thought I'd met you before. Of course, I couldn't place you. I'm not very good with names and places. Still, the thought of you lingered on that very cold day in January. 

Maybe it was a class we had, or you were a friend of a friend of mine. No. That couldn't be it.

Oh, it was you. You took long walks. Usually, ahead of me. Yes, I liked to go out too. Not very far. Just for a stretch, during those mundane revisions. Perhaps, we were on the same wave length. Only, you were ahead of me..a bit. Smarter. Decisive. Yes, I thought you knew everything.

Then I saw you with the fat girl. Somehow, I even liked you better.

I suppose I was jealous. I mean, why couldn't it be me.

But I was nice to her..because you were nice to her. And then I got to know her. And she became my friend.

But she never spoke of you. I wonder why.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way this was written - like a letter from an old friend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.