Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Milo & Ellie

Milo & Ellie




What could Ellie tell Milo? She dreaded this new job? It was only a block or so away from the brownstone.

"I've worked all my life to become a music teacher." She told him, yet Ellie didn't want to go into detail, about how long she'd waited for the opportunity for her own class. She'd been a substitute teacher most of her teaching life. Perhaps, being a para-professional a good part of it had prepared her. Maybe she'd had more than one life back then. It was an escape to be with him, online.

The harsh reality of tending to naughty children lead to being in charge of the whole level of youngsters in a spacious room. None of them wanted to be there.

"I don't know why I ever wanted it." This was true. Maybe that's why she left so easily. Maybe the students had wanted her, it would have been different.

"I don't think I'm a bad teacher." She shrugged, but she might never know.

"Maybe..maybe..this job..just isn't.." Milo started.

"It's all right." She was even lipped, thinking she would be caring for a preschooler. Come to find out, it was a nerdy teenage girl named Ren. Ellie didn't expect her to be so shy. "I dunno why they need me."

Milo handed her the clippers. Maybe she would feel better if she cut his hair. Milo told her. At least, she didn't think of home. Yet, Nico came to mind.

Milo sat on a wooden chair, just like the memories she remembered of Nico. It almost took her breath away.

By the time she cut Milo's hair, it was as if she'd cut winter away. But February was on the way. She guessed she'd have to knit him a hat.

Milo kissed her check when she was done. His smile awoke a certain happiness. They weren't in Seoul, anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from people.