Saturday, March 14, 2020

Remember the time


Remember the time we had to stay in during the quartine. You had no place to go and my roommate went to see her grandmother.

Honestly, you were the last person I expected. I didn't even get a phone call from that friend of yours I used to date. We didn't talk much about him. It seemed you had a falling out, as well as a falling out with your girl.

Needless to say, you weren't in a great mood. And you decided to tell me about all the things you hated in this world while I was making milk tea.

1. you hated the way your girlfriend always told you what to do. Although, you always did what she said.
2. you wanted to tell her you didn't drink diet coke, but she bought it for you anyway.
3. you said you hadn't had any fun with her in a long time.

Basically, you only were together because of her friends and your friends.

It got kind of sad an hour two of listening to all your problems. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I was so sure you didn't even know about the pandemic.

Well, at least you weren't sick. Although, you were afraid I might make you sick with all my sneezing. Not long after you were coughing like a sick puppy.

Finally, we drank a second cup of milk tea. You smiled at me. Told me, you were glad I was at home. Of course, you wanted to know if I still lived at the library. Was I working there?

I mentioned I shelved some but was taking inventory these last few weeks. But even the library shut down to be cleaned. It was a vacation even if I didn't have anywhere to go.

Honestly, if I thought about it long enough I would have told you I was living my worst horror movie. Unsure if I could get through tomorrow without going out. But then you kissed me. Thank God, you weren't a germaphobe after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from people.