Monday, August 23, 2021

Poppy & Alfie



 How do you feel about living together?

POPPY: Um, we started out roommates. We are still living in the same place we did when we were roommates. Now, we just have an extra room we aren't sure what to do with. That's kind of sad, but we just haven't really come up with any ideas. So it's like a guestroom, I guess. ALFIE: They aren't asking about our live in situation, you know? I mean, not like that. Sure, I'm glad we're together. I know it's my fault that it didn't happen sooner. (He shrugs) Poppy was like the first person I met on campus and well, I didn't know we would end up together, but she's always been this friendly sweet girl that I could only hope would meet someone just as great as she is..and then it's me? (He smile) Oh, she was dating this guy and I didn't realize how much I..I really wanted to be with her. (he's even lipped) Needless to say, I'm glad it didn't work out. (He takes Poppy's hand.) I'm glad we were friends first. POPPY: It's kind of confusing, isn't it (She has a sly smile as she looks at him.) I knew from the moment I saw him I wanted to be with him. I just did. Always. But I knew he dated. A lot. I didn't. And then not all that long ago, I met someone. And I really thought that was going to work out. (she lets out a small sigh). But, its Alfie, I know best. And I know it can be the best. (shes smiles).

3 comments:

  1. This is a very different slant on Poppy and Alfie than their last tension-filled chapter (on the other blog)! I like that, seeing different angles of these characters and trying to figure out what makes them tick. Also, it's interesting that Poppy has less dating experience than Alfie. Maybe that's part of why she felt resentful in the other chapter, like he's her one and only but he's not measuring up.

    That's such a shame that you didn't get to eat at your favorite Chinese place, especially when you'd been looking forward to it. And the part about the other restaurant with the unmasked woman working there, handling food -- ugh!!! I feel your pain. I never did venture out to eat again after that one time on the boardwalk. Sometimes I think that it'd be nice, but most of the time I feel like the COVID risk isn't worth it, especially when I'm happy at home. Stay safe out there, and may you see no more unmasked marauders! Ok, "marauders" was harsh, not to mention completely inaccurate. But I got on a role and couldn't stop. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.