Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Bai Shu


 OK, he might not be the prettiest guy on the set. But something about his expressiveness can always get to you. 



The first C-Drama I ever saw him in was My Girlfriend's Boyfriend which was quite an unusual and strange story. Still, with his neurotic ways, you just kept watching and of course, laughing. He makes me think ..if Mr. Bean had a son it would definitely be him. 



He went blonde in Love and Redemption which is a fantasy drama and he practically stole the show.




 A few weeks ago I watched him in Lost Tomb 2 : Explore the Note and many said on a site like to go to for those of us who keep up with Asian drama, "Don't watch him in that. He's no Joseph Zeng!" who played the same character Wu Xia in THE ULTIMATE NOTE. Of course, Bai looked a little more like this character from the previous Lost Tomb 2 except now Wu Xia came off a little tired and a 'leave me alone face' that was not quite so nieve like youthful Neo Hou. But Explore the Note was such good storytelling. Of course, there is more to this drama than the Male Lead. Yet, by the end I felt Bai Shu gave Wu Xia a certain depth, even if we didn't get the bromance some had hoped for with the mysterious Zhang Qi Leng. 



Bai Shu does have a way of making his characters complex with all the emotions he can express. And he has been fun to watch at the naive prince (who all the girls love to have around, but just as their favorite guy friend..and the ones he falls in love with..oh.. I won't go into that...) who accidentally learns martial arts footwork (and the middle finger punch..seriously the show has a lot more sly humor than one might pick up on) Oh, and he's never met a stranger he didn't like so of course it doesn't take much to be someone's sworn brother.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know this actor, but now I'm going to take a look at him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really cute. I love that first photo and he kinda looks like a young Daniel Wu to me in it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. tiene linda sonrisa. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Bai Shu, but you had me at "if Mr. Bean had a son." Also, the first shot of him in the white sweater makes him seem very endearing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.