Sunday, January 30, 2022

Cade & Mercer

 


So how long have you two been friends?

MERCER: Since forever, or so it seems. CADE: It was third grade. I remember. The teacher wanted you to show me around and I sat next to you and we just ..you know, hung out ever since. (he shrugs) MERCER: That's what I mean. (he shrugs back) CADE: Merc is a band kid. I am not. I can't even read music, and for the longest time, he did sound like a duck on the saxophone. MERCER: The music teacher said I was exceptional. (he looked at Cade blankly) CADE: Yeah, right..he was just trying to sell your parents a saxophone. He probably got a commission of some kind. (Cade hugs himself and looks away. Mercer hugs himself as well. Someone might think these two are twins) CADE: I have a twin (looks at the interviewer as if he could read their mind) And his name is Rafe and believe me, Mercer is no Rafe.

4 comments:

  1. Os gêmeos e suas diferenças?
    Ou suas semelhanças?
    Achei interessante!
    😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great read. Cade is so funny! '"he did sound like a duck on the saxophone"' and '"Yeah, right ... he was just trying to sell your parents a saxophone. He probably got a commission of some kind."' are classic! Also, the twin thing and the last line are everything: '"I have a twin (looks at the interviewer as if he could read their mind) And his name is Rafe and believe me, Mercer is no Rafe."'

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.