Friday, February 4, 2022

It's coming!


 A fresh retelling of an old favorite! Starring Jabarri Banks as the new Will! This is his first TV series. He's from West Philly just like the character. A student of musical theater and a rapper. 

Smith has been wanting a retelling of this story for some time now. He and Morgan Cooper have been in the mix since 2020 wanting to get it a reboot. So now it's on Peacock starting Feb. 13th.  This is no sitcom but an hour-long drama. Yeap, Banks has some big shoes to fill! May it be a good Sunday for all of them.

5 comments:

  1. I saw the previews of this series, I did not watch the original one. In general, I can see that now it is fashionable to rejuvenate old things. But that's a risk, because you can expect anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool although Peacock is new to me maybe not in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por la reseña. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to watch this! Although the Fresh Prince was a sitcom, Will's story easily lends itself to a drama. Not that I didn't chuckle when SNL parodied Belair with that digital short of a grittier, streetwise Family Matters. I love that the Peacock can poke fun at itself! Anyway, it's so cool that the actor who plays Will is really from West Philly. Thanks so much for this preview! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.