Monday, December 12, 2022

Alfie & Gage


 Will you be Christmas shopping this year?

ALFIE: I don't really shop. Sure, there are always presents and a lot to eat, but I don't really bother with it. I guess I am not much of a giver. (He grins).

GAGE: Well, of course, I'm shopping. I've been shopping since August. (Gage nods as he hugs himself sitting next to Alfie during this interview on the interview couch. He turns to Alfie) Of course, I didn't get Alfie anything. He doesn't really need anything. I mean, I have to get Alec a few things on his list and the essentials. My mom always likes candles and my step-dad always needs gloves and socks for the winter.

ALFIE: Well, I need those things too. (He says to Gage).

GAGE: Of course, you do, but you can probably make a sell in January. (He shrugs)

ALFIE: If I was going to get you anything what would it be?

GAGE: Certainly not alcohol. (Gage looks straight at the camera and as stern as ever) We can't have it at our house and you certainly don't need it.

ALFIE: What makes you think that? It's just not Christmas with a little nog you know.

GAGE: I don't even like egg-nog. He shakes his head no. I've had enough pumpkin pie already to last me a lifetime. Really, I don't need much of anything. Hopefully, Alfie will be content just by working extra hours.

ALFIE: Extra hours? (he looks at Gage as if that's no fun)

GAGE: It's the best way you can give back so some can just stay home and be with their families during the holidays.

ALFIE: I never thought of that as a gift. (Alfie shakes his head, no).

GAGE: I thought you'd say that.

9 comments:

  1. I loved this idea of ​​overtime as a gift, it's a good care.
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorei o diálogo dos dois!
    Hora extra pra dar folga a outro?
    Isso é que é presente!
    Um abraço! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Abdel | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very interesting idea! But i am not sure whether i like this idea or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun. "shopping since August" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gusta el personaje de Gage. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this unlikely bromance! I see that even our mellower Alfie still has his edge, whereas sweet Gage is his perfect foil. Such wonderful characters! 🎁🎁🎁

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.