Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Oh, fudge!

 


Oh, there will be fudge...if nothing else! Yes, winter is upon us. From icy rain showers to snow that is more than just a nuisance. I think I have conquered my cough. It's just sometimes, it's hard to get all this Christmas stuff done. You have start cutting corners. Let one gift card be enough when you wanted to buy  more, but it just isn't feasible. Yes, many in my family are roughing the cold with colds and more so our little Christmas will be more of finger foods than anything..and even then I hope they used a fork to get it. 

Back to the fudge..and easy at that....with the microwave.

1. a bag of chocolate chips and condensed milk..warmed up in the microwave for a minute, but not quite two..mixed, poured in something that molds in a block (parchment paper is a plus) but some just pour it in a tin and leave it for gift giving. Refrigerate..and it sets pretty well. Oh, and go for the dark chocolate chips for best results. [I tried this with coconut condensed milk and it worked really well!]

2. a tub of icing and a 16 oz jar of peanutbutter. Again, melt the ingredients in the microwave. I like chocolate icing and peanutbutter best. A friend had wanted me to make her some since she was in the midst of overtime (a few years back) because she just thought she'd mess it up entirely. But it turned out so well. Again, refrigerate to keep it set and parchment paper is a plus on this quick fudge. This seems to be a hit to bring to work too.

I am hoping to make some lemon fudge for someone who loves lemon. This is white chips, lemon zest and condensed milk. I made some strawberry once, but it just tasted too artificial. 

7 comments:

  1. I wonder how it would work with vegan condensed milk? I have some and it doesn't taste so good. I might have to try another brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This works great with coconut condensed milk! At first you might not think it will set, but just keep it in the fridge a little longer. And mine that I have I have kept at room temperature since it set and it's great!

      Delete
  2. Oh! That sounds delicious!
    Have a nice day and a sweet holydays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por la reseΓ±a. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last part of this made me laugh: "Yes, many in my family are roughing the cold with colds and more so our little Christmas will be more of finger foods than anything..and even then I hope they used a fork to get it." I hope so too! Especially since you've come so far with good old Sudafed. The lemon fudge, by the way, sounds delicious. πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.