Monday, May 1, 2023

Hello May!

 


Still a chill of winter in the wind these days, but I'm OK with that. I guess in my heart winter and fall are still my favorite times of the year, but as I get older I yearn for those warmer days, too. Of course, in these recent years, it seems many of the months are dryer. Although, on occasion I have been put in that route that Davenport is having to put up with. Yes, the seasons change and sometimes, we don't see it coming or we try to believe, "It won't be that bad."

My original character for this project

Where does your story take place? Somewhere in the Hamptons Why is the character at the Beachhouse? Beth needed a vacation due to the stress of her job. What can you do at the Beachhouse? You can rent it alone or you can get a cheaper rate and rent with others. What places and things to do are close by? There is the beach and the boardwalk and lots of cozy places to take in for a cup of coffee or just some wine. Name: Beth Larson Age: 40 Relationship Status: single Sexual Orientation: bi Pronouns: she/her Hometown: Rome, New York Faceclaim: a model from Shein

What are your character's likes and dislikes: Beth is starting to think she hates everything. She used to read romances but can't stand them anymore after her last relationship. She used to like pepperoni pizza, but it makes her think of him and how he used to play cards so much that there was only pizza to eat. She has gone vegetarian, but it's really not working out for her. Peanuts are upsetting her stomach along with beans, and broccoli. She's down to eggs, spinach, and cheese. She wants to be healthy, but her boss brings bagels every day and of course, sweet rolls too.

What kind of career does the character have: She works for the Senior Bus Department at city. She's not just the secretary but juggles scheduling all the clients' bus rides. It can get complicated when bus drivers only want to drive certain people. It can be a real headache. Does the character have a pet? She has her black lab Jasper that was given to her by a neighbor recently when he left for Alaska. She didn't train the dog. He has trained her and yes Jasper goes where she goes. One of the reasons why she chose the Beach House. Bio: Beth is trying to turn over a new leaf after Sam, the ex who took off to Atlantic City when he won the lottery. She thinks she's ready for something new. Of course, she'd not quite sure she's ready for that since she suspects she's set in her ways. But yes, she is thinking of dating the other sex now. Possibly, it will help her mend the wounds she has from spending over a decade with someone she thought she knew but actually didn't. Or maybe she can go it alone with Jasper. After all, he keeps her in shape and he's very attentive when she feels like talking. She isn't sure anyone would want to listen to her, anyway.


4 comments:

  1. It's still cold here too. I love fall but spring has grown on me (ha) in recent years. Right now I wish it would arm up a little, but I'm not looking forward to humidity.

    I love the collage and am looking forweard to hearing more about The Beach house! A nice journey for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parece una buena historia tengo expectativa. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth is interesting! I like that's she's 40. And that she's trying to turn over a new leaf. I can see how juggling those bus schedules could be stressful -- hopefully this vacation helps!

    At first, when you commented that you'd never been to a beach house, I was surprised. But then I reminded myself that you live in Nebraska. Although I've been to beach houses, I've never been to one in the Hamptons or even New York. By the way, I enjoyed the Atlantic City reference, even if it was about Beth's smarmy ex! 🌊🌞

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.