Friday, August 25, 2023

Now on DVD

 

Following a writer on his world famous fictional play about a grieving father who travels with his tech-obsessed family to small rural Asteroid City to compete in a junior stargazing event, only to have his world view disrupted forever.

OK, so we are Wes Anderson fans at my house. So it was exciting to know about this one. And Jason didn't let me down and neither did Wes. Star-studded and not so studded, it has the aesthetic ability to make the tone more endearing, and thoughts of the past. Yes, somehow Wes just gets better. And from the cinematography to the characters, we might get lost in this film, but that's OK.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about this!

    No reuben for me but I did have the pub burger. Should have had the olive burger. :)

    Tarzan I feel like was a lot different (more nuanced) in the books than in popular culture. People say that a lot, that oh I didn't know Tarzan was like that.

    I hope you cool down. We had a huge storm last night and got stuck on the highway for over an hour. We finally had to go the wrong way up an on ramp to get to a detour. No state police directing traffic or anything, but they might have been swamped due to all the damage and multiple sections of highway closed. The poor semis were stuck, they couldn't go up the off ramp like we and most of the cars did

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks so good! I love how you say "Star-studded and not so studded," not just because it's clever, but because it really captures the feel of an Anderson film.⭐🎥

    Also, I'm so glad your AC was fixed! That's not something you want to be without! 😓🔥

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.