Wednesday, September 27, 2023

CODE

Ninomiya Minato is a detective for the Kanagawa Prefectural Police. When he was a child, his parents died. His life became a mess and he could not trust people, but he then met Yuka and developed a romantic relationship with her. Due to Yuka, Ninomiya Minato was able to trust people again. After 5 years into their relationship, Yuka becomes pregnant. Ninomiya Minato vows to make Yuka and their baby happy, but Yuka suddenly dies in a mysterious accident. Ninomiya Minato tries to find the truth behind her death and finds a mysterious app named Code, which can make any wish come true. Meanwhile, Shiina Kazuki is a magazine reporter. He chases after the mysterious app Code.


This is the Japanese version of a Tawain drama. It is an intriguing premise. And it is only 10 episodes (Which I am not sure if it's the first half or not) It's R rated. It's like you have two stories at once. One of a policeman doing his job and then this app where they grant wishes, but it comes with a price. 

I doubt I would have tuned in if it hadn't been for Sakaguchi Kentaro who is my favorite Japanese actor at the moment. He really knows how to push the feels in this drama. The first episode is so tragic. Still, he wants to find out the mystery of the app. Of course, suitcases are involved. The app grants you a wish then you have to do a mission for them. Truly a strange drama, but J-dramas thrive on the strange....

 

7 comments:

  1. Sim, parece uma boa dica.
    Onde encontro pra ver?
    Abraรงos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sounds like a good tip.
      Where do I find it to see?
      Hugs!๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ You can find it on VIKI!

      Delete
  2. The app thing definitely sounds mysterious and I do like strange premises like that sometimes! I'll look into this.

    Hope you're having a great middle of the week :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not started those collages yet. :) Although Pinterest keeps sending me suggestions and I found one I like for both Mallory and Hillier

      I have tried Penn Station. They're on the other side of town so I've only tried once but I remember liking them I think? I still miss Schlotzky. We have a place here called Mancino's I used to like, they made HUGE subs and we call em grinders sometime too. I used to like Hero's too in Cleveland but that was years ago...

      Delete
  3. Gracias por la reseรฑa . Tomo nota te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wish-granting app? Whoa! I know those things can do a lot, but I never considering them doing genie duty! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ✨

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.