Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Pan & Roxann

caitlin & megan
How do you think Pan is doing?

Roxanne: (she is by herself on the interview couch. She looks carefree yet hugs herself in her cardigan since she says there is a chill in the air) I'm sure he's just fine as long as I'm not around. We don't really talk. I really don't see him much. I  hear him up sometimes, at night, but I don't open the door to my room and look to see if he's in the kitchen. (she nods) I think it's best to leave him alone (she shrugs) After all, we have broken up. Anyway, I'm busy these days, trying to get enough sleep so I am ready for that ten a.m. shift at Mel's Pizza. I'm doing my best to learn the ropes from Nonnie. I know she does so much there. I want to take some of the stress off and do as well as I can. And..and there's Elvis. We talk a lot about (she practically laughs) a lot of things, but even jobs we've had. You know, what did we like, what did we hate. and we try to encourage each other... how we can do better. I've been trying my best to show up ten minutes early, but I've been taking the bus to work, too.


How do you think Roxanne is doing?

Pan: (he looks around the empty interview couch and wonders why he's the only one there) It's not like we'd get in a fight or anything (he assures the interviewer that they aren't that kind of couple) I mean..yeah..we are broken up, but we still live in the same apartment. (he shrugs) It's different than I thought it would be. It's like she's not there at all, but she's got her friends down the hall. I just..I just thought she loved decorating her room so much that she'd be there all the time, but evidently not. (Interviewer asks if he's been in her room.) I would never. No, that's her space. (he winces) It's just you know, I'm used to us eating together. I mean, a lot of times, I just forget to eat. But I snack a lot...so..so I'm not starving. (he looks down at his fingers and remains even-lipped as if something is on his mind) It's just I used to cook a lot. I thought she'd miss my burgers. (he presses his lips tight) I'm afraid she's going vegan or something.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Pan is taking the breakup hard. And despite his Pan-ness, I feel sorry for him. 😢💔😢💔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesring -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy pobrecita. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see this! I really get a feeling for these people living together- I imagine Pan and Roxie tiptoeing around each other. Pan is clearly still working through things, poor guy. I've been really liking Roxie's POV lately.

    China Buffet! I need Chinese. My favorite place is across town so I don't go as much.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.