Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Delia & Dora

Delia & Dora from Caitlin & Megan

 Do you miss being roommates?

DORA: Oh, I think I've outgrown those days (she smiles over a cup of hot tea). I'm happy to be married and glad I have a life with Holden. But you know, I miss seeing my dearest friend, because..well..we did get through a lot together.

DELIA: Like trying to keep a job. (She sighs, but her smile is bright)

DORA: Not gonna lie I don't miss those days at Burlington. (She shrugs) Lots of long lines. Folding clothes just right. Always bringing out closets of garments to hang in the right places.

DELIA: It was exhausting. (She looked wide-eyed with a nod)

DORA: All that Ramen we lived on. (she looks as if she will never eat it again as she shakes her head, no) I'm surprised I'm as healthy as I am.

DELIA: We couldn't buy the good Almond milk, either. We're both lactose intollerant.

DORA: You know, our favorite place to shop was Dollar Tree. And we did know what we were doing when we went there. (Dora shrugs) I still like going there. I just don't tell Holden I go there (she chuckles), He's never lifed the thrifty life.

DELIA: Oh, Tristan will go. He always wants a steal or at least a bargain. (Delia smiles) Beleive me he'll take any grooming supplies I bring home.

DORA: I can't see Derrick going to Dollar Tree. (Dora smirks)

Who's Derrick?

DELIA: Oh we are his number one fangirls. Or at least we used to be. He's kind of like a brother we never had (Delia wrinkles her nose with a smile).

DORA: He's an artist in a lot of ways. (Dora nods) An introvert who can certainly dance. Ballet is his forte.

DELIA: And he crochets. (Delia nods) We used to work with him.

DORA: We both crushed on him. But he's got partner now. And I think that's set stone.

DELIA: Did they ever get married?

DORA: I don't think so. I mean, I like Eric just as much.

DELIA: Jade still works at the Dance Academy. She gets to see them every day. (She looks a little sad about it).

DORA: I don't think she's a fangirl. (Dora shrugs)


4 comments:

Hi, I love hearing from people.