Monday, December 2, 2013

Paul Walker

"You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy.Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae" - Paul Walker 

Why Paul Walker Mattered
I’m not ashamed to say I’ve cried several times after hearing about the death of Paul Walker on Saturday night. I’m stunned and sick that this beautiful soul was taken from us so early and in such a violent way. Paul may not have cured cancer, but I’m sure he gave a lot of people with cancer a moment of joy or at least let them forget about their dire predicaments, for a few few minutes anyway. I’ve grown up with Paul in movies like She’s All That, Varsity Blues, Into the Blue and of course,The Fast and the Furious movies. I may not have known Paul personally but I knew his characters. Brian O’Connor has spent many a night in my living room. I’m devastated by this loss. Paul was an accessible every man who just happened to be gorgeous and cool to boot. His appeal spanned races, genders and sexual orientation as someone people could look up to, be friends with or maybe even marry, depending on your disposition. The fact that he seems to be have been a genuinely nice guy with good intentions makes it all the more difficult to accept. I realize he lived a blessed life and went out doing something he loved. There’s plenty of people out there who die every day who will never get the kind of exposure that Paul has with his tragic death. But they weren’t with me when I was sick or scared or sad and needed a little bit of a pick me up. I will miss Paul and his movies and the joy that he brought to me individually. I’m sure I’m not alone. It’s devastating that the Fast family has lost it’s dependable big brother. Fast may have been about cars, but it was the family of the characters that made it so beloved by it’s fans. I don’t understand how the universe could take away someone who brought so much light into so many peoples lives. It doesn’t make any sense. And I’m heartbroken over it. RIP Paul Walker. Thanks for everything.-MC

1 comment:

  1. Heaven gained a true angel. Paul was such a beautiful person - inside and out. RIP.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.