Friday, October 22, 2021

Spiritober: Tall Tale! High School Vampire

 

Who's to say when it all started. Probably decades ago. There was rumor that a high school vampire lurked in the hall of Beverly High. Although he'd long graduated, Kenny would show up during play practice or right before a talent show. One never knew when he might show up. After all, he was a shelver at the library just down the hill from the school. Honestly, he was the quiet type. He never really bothered anyone. It was said he could barely read and might be on the Autistic spectrum. But in actuality, he longed to see Holly who no one seemed to know. For all we knew, she might have been a ghost or just in his imagination.

3 comments:

  1. It's always the quiet ones! And it's unexpected to hear about a library worker who doesn't read. I hope that Kenny finds Holly again, even if only in his mind.

    I agree that drawing is tricky. I used to draw all the time as a kid -- I even took lessons -- but now when I pick up a pencil, it isn't the same. I think it's because I'm crafting and blogging; that's how I spend my time now. Like you with your writing. I guess what I'm saying is, enjoy what you do draw and don't beat yourself up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.