Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Hello My Girl

Funny, these two were in a fantasy together, Douluo Continent. They were supporting players. Her character was evil and could become other people, while he possessed the power of fire. Although, they were rarely in a scene together. Now (2022) Hello My Girl..he's a college student far from home and she is his senior who has a hard time having enough money while taking classes at the University. There might be close to an 8 years difference in their age. This is basically a drama of surviving in college. Of course, as soon as she sees him, he looks like a money opportunity. Yet, she does find him a dorm room. Although, they are a bit of an odd bunch. This drama gives more of a local flavor of how those live in northeast China where it gets colder and stays colder compared to the lighter climate of Shanghai where the more wealthy live, or at least it's a city for the up and coming.

The FL Huang Can Can is much more likable in this drama than some I have seen her in. She has a younger fresher look too. But I can see ML Ao Zi Yi has matured in this drama since Douluo Continent. He was quite the confident street-smart suiter in Unicorn Girl. He is actually a performer and singer and he might be the reason many stay tuned to this drama. Although, don't expect any major romance. This is basically about friendships in college.  I really enjoyed the first episode. 
 

5 comments:

  1. Gotta say I loved the 3rd episode. He is possibly too noble for her and she might figure this out, early on. But some fun scenes together...and I think it might be a slow burn of romance, but something is clicking in this drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por la reseƱa, tomo nota. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy shows about twentysomethings, so I think I would like this. I like how you offer up an entertaining description about the leads' showbiz history: "Her character was evil and could become other people, while he possessed the power of fire." Epic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..oh that fantasy was a crazy Chinese Drama! This drama just gets better with each episode. You know, he can't get enough of her, but she has a way of drawing him in then pushing him away.

      Delete

Hi, I love hearing from people.