Saturday, June 24, 2023

Weekend Bits!

 

A Guy Movie! Guy Ritchie directed and wrote the Afghanistan tale! No, it's not a true story, but you might need a Jake Gyllenhaal movie by now. 



This is my OOAK Barbie that went from Curvy Yoga Barbie to this. Yes, I will admit when making Barbie clothes I would rather use the Basic Barbie. Although, even from this you can see I need to practice more..mainly on socks..since I have so many. Seriously, I do want to learn more about backdrops and sets. It's always been on my mind. I remember being head of props for a production of Blythe Spirit at the Uni. I was so impressed back then about how functional most of the actors were at building sets. I felt I appreciated them even more. Of course, trying to build my own set is a bit of a challenge. At the moment most of things I use are boxes from recycling. Yes, I did enjoy finding some scrapbook paper at Wal-Mart that wasn't too expensive.


ellie

How do you feel about living with Cousins?

Harley: I can't even imagine doing this all the time. I can barely take it temporarily. I mean, we don't know each other..other than spending the holidays together at my grandparents when we were little. I always felt she was a bit snooty since she grew up in England.

Kimmy: Why would that make me snooty? (Kimmy gives her a snarl) I moved from there when I was ten. (she gives Harley a funny look) Good people live there you know. That's where all my favorite Harry's are from, you know. (She gives Harley a frown and she frowns back)

Harley: She's, well, much sexier than me. Maybe that's it. (Harley winces) It's not that I exactly envy her, but she seems to always be there for a laugh.

Kimmy: You are far too skinny, dearie. (Kimmy shakes her head) Probably just skinny love with you and that Brick fellow. (she hugs herself) I don't know why you think I'm so happy all the time. We can all be down, you know. You just have to learn to make the best of it. And I'm not letting anything stop me. (she looks away) I don't like being here either, but I'm making the best of it.

Harley: The best of it? (she looks stumped as if how can her cousin say such a thing)

Kimmy: I just want to be on my own, you know. That's all I really want. (She hugs herself and looks indifferent)

Harley: And Rafe, you plan on taking him with you, don't you? (Harley pulls a face just as angry at Kimmy)

Back at it again: I had no intentions of ever getting another Barbie, but as luck would have it..I went into 5 Below and found the slim Ken Fashionista #193 for 5 Bucks as well as the Barbie Scientist with Blue Hair. Only she was not a Made to Move then. After thinking about it for a day and looking through some YouTube Barbie videos..well, I found a MTM at Target that matched the Blue Haired Barbie skintone. It is always a bit overwhelming switching out heads because I would hate to break one. Of course, I would love to make the slim Ken a MTM, also. Unfortunately, I don't want to spend 45 bucks on a MTM Ken doll. It is really incredible how the prices of Barbies can go sky high and then to accidentally find two at five bucks a pop which is a sweet surprise. 

I had talked with a woman from Long Island in Wal-Mart recently who was visiting her grandchildren. She was not amused as to where Barbie is taking "You Can Be Anything" series. "When I was growing up there were Barbies that could be lawyers and doctors now it seems everyone is either gardening or being a chef." She told me. Also, she thought the prices were too expensive. But it seems everything is getting more expensive these days.


4 comments:

  1. I liked reading the exchange between Kimmy and Harley. Fun! And I like the Barbie w/ Blue Hair. That's an interesting perspective though on the changes. I wonder if they are sorta backsliding on how indepenedent Barbie can be.

    More Fanta!

    So... I'm glad you liked Dreams! Those ambients get me. And I'm SO jealous you went to Schlotzky's. I want a Original or turkey so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por la reseña de la película Me gustan tus muñecas y la historia,. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your OOAK Barbie looks so cozy and cute! Also, building the sets sounds like lots of fun. Still, I can understand that the whole thing can be trying at times. Once I tried to learn to sew and ended up with a jagged line of stitches that looked like it was made by Freddy Krueger. That's interesting what your Walmart buddy said about modern Barbies. I think it's nice, though, that there are now chef and gardener Barbies and everything in between. Being a doctor or lawyer isn't for everybody! 👗🩱🩳👖👠👕🎀

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.