Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Butterflied Lover

 

                                       

                                                 "I smell blood in the snow."


Really, it's a heartbreaking phase, and the drama is so beautiful. But the demons visit and they are all in red and infested with something a lot like the life of a vampire. The general has been married to the girl who runs the candy store for three years now. Of course, one wonders if it happened three years ago now. But every night seems to be the same. And she knows everything is not quite right, and wonders how to change the outcome. Is she just in a dream-like state that becomes a nightmare? He paints her eyebrows, and he tells her every morning to put on some shoes. Dress warmly today. And he'll meet her for the village lantern lighting. Of course, she never wears her coat in the snow and he has to bring it to her.

This is a short drama, yet very intense and I was so happy to find Zhao Yi Qin and Rain Lu in this lavish drama. The writing is great and honestly, I don't know if I have taken these two actors seriously enough. Of course, Zhao always surprises me and Rain is a genuine ingenue. 

Still, how far would you go to keep your loved one from becoming a monster? What lengths would you go to? Just 22 episodes and hardly over twenty-five minutes. Truly, it's a captivating Chinese drama.

The screenwriter also wrote THE KILLER IS ALSO ROMANTIC and PROVOKE. If only these two dramas were on VIKI.

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this. Sounds fabulous. Love that first line too. I like short episodes, they really help a season move. I need to start third season of Happy Valley (British show) and then maybe I'll see if I can track this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me dio muchas ganas de verlas. Gracias por la reseña. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, this does sound intense! And strangely romantic. So glad you're enjoying it! 💖📺

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.