Friday, May 24, 2024

A Weekend to Remember

 



                                Let's hope I don't forget my pants (✿◡‿◡)


As if..it looks like it might be a weekend of storms approaching. We started the week with winds, rain, hail, and flash flooding and it seems a tornado went to Iowa (actually several). So I'm not sure what the weekend might hold.

We finally managed to get the lawn moved..and OH WHAT A JUNGLE. Every time, we turned around..more rain. We are very happy to see the rain. However, flashflooding has started and it can be a treacherous time. UPDATE: Had to go to the basement at 2 in the morning due to TORNADO WARNING. Lots of wind in the storm, but the house nor the old tree out front wasn't damaged.

A co-worker was telling me that garter snacks can pee on you when you pick them up. I remember the time when someone's boyfriend was going to mow their jungle of a lawn and he was in his favorite sweater over his skimpy wifebeater tank bent down and a snake caught on his sleeve. Oh, Mr. Cool with a cigarette in the corner of his lip almost started a grassfire.




Oh, it's that time of year already in our neighborhood. Which means..the summer reading program will be in full swing by June. Once again, we will have the Kid's Kids Meal Truck at our library too. I am not sure what will happen once the library moves. It has been a tradition that has been going strong for a decade or so. The building we are vacating will become a food bank. In other news my boss is going on vacation.



So just when you think nothing ever changes..it does. Of course, I am OK with staying in.

..maybe making cookies in my donut maker ....






.and hoping to finish up Spirealm..some how. I am so happy Huang Jun Jie (guy on the left) took this role. He's one of those actors you feel, he's gonna be great in this..then..he's just so-so. This drama has had some unexpected emotions I didn't see coming. In spite of the Americans ruining their game..hmmm...I still like watching the mystery of the game and how they get through the door without the door ghost killing them. But I think I could enjoy the drama without the game at all.




6 comments:

  1. uau, alice cooper:-) one of my brightest memories is with him. years ago, when he came to play in my country, i saw him in a mall with his bodyguard. Triple his size and weight:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the storms aren't bad, we had a tornado warning the other night that is not common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Menina, tomara que estas tempestades acabem por aí...eu amo chuva mas quando ela vem de forma exagerada é muito ruim, não dar! E sim, amo ficar em casa no fim de semana, não tenho problema com isso. beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me alegra que estés bien cuidate mucho de las tormentas
    y tornados.. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have some wild weather! I'm glad it all turned out okay, though, 2:00 am basement visit notwithstanding. The story about your friend and the snake made me chuckle -- and, yes, shudder a little. Snake sightings seem to be on the rise; may neither of us run into one! On a happier note, all the best to your summer reading program -- I hope the future library move doesn't disrupt it. 😁📕📙📒📗📘

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.