Wednesday, May 8, 2024

The Interview

 


Is your name really Millie?

Millie: I'm afraid so (she says with a smile) You know that's what they call a regular Barbie, but I don't feel like one. Never have, actually. And then you know, I've gotten some grief on being compared to that actress (she rolls her eyes). I don't know why. It's strange what you can talk about with friends over lunch.

You just graduated high school. Now what?

Millie: Good question (her smile is open and she can hardly look at the interviewer). It's a relief. Really. (she sighs, but bites her bottom lip softly). But I don't know if I'm ready for the Universtiy yet. I have been taking some college courses and I guess I'll continue, but not  until the fall. I need this time to be on my own. (Millie shrugs with an even lip) I'm not gonna lie, but I've always been the little sister who hid behind my sister. She and her partner have taken off to Seattle for the music scene, and well, I don't have her to keep me motivated.

How did she motivate you?

Millie: Her partner Tyra is a singer with a band and my sister has written a couple of songs for her. (She presses her lips tight). I didn't know all our jam sessions were inspiring me to, try it on my own. But it's really best if you have a group who can support you with your songwriting. And I don't really have that right now. She wanted me to sing at my Uncle's place to get some confidence.

Do you have the confidence?

Millie: (She cracks a smile) I've never really been in the spotlight. I was just going to do it, you know. Like a one time shot. But it was just me and some music I have, kind of Karaoke..I guess. (She chuckles) Then..this guy..Well Tyra's ex came in while I was playing around, trying to get everything situated..and um, I have a guitarist. (she nods) You know, we got nothing better to do this summer other than our summer jobs.

Do you have a name for the band?

Millie: Funny, that you would ask. (She smirks) KC was good to talk to. He knew I wanted to do Blondie's covers. I had found this old CD of my grandpa's and thought it was really cool. Of course, KC let me know the downside of Blondie, too, but I don't care. I like her music. And I love the song Sunday Girl. (she shrugs) So we decided on Sunday Girl.

So what is it about KC?

Millie: Despite being Tyra's ex, he knows a lot about music. And well, he's really good at finding the right base line and sound. I dunno. (she laughs) I need his guidance. He's been learning a lot about recording. (She nods) The funny thing is, my sister always wanted me to meet him. Like it might be some silly fate, but we kept missing each other. He was in Arizona. I was never all that social except for playing music with my sister and her partner. She says we are perfect together. (she rolls her eyes with a laugh).

5 comments:

  1. Sunday Girl is a good band name. Nice tosee KC showing up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta Millie . Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie is utterly charming! I can't help but want her music dreams to come true. The KC tie-in was a cool and clever surprise, and I love the retro rock aesthetic in the collage.

    Your craft swap sounds so fun! I'm glad you were able to score some supplies for your latest project. Speaking of which, that's another terrific tie-in with Millie and the Millies. 🌈😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is part of my Urstyle contest and somebody wanted me to do an example of "the interview"...not sure it helped or not, but I had fun (✿◡‿◡)

      Delete

Hi, I love hearing from people.