Monday, June 17, 2024

Writing..and keep going...


 I feel I have somehow slipped into a new phase of my life that I didn't know had already happened, but it has. I guess you could call it...going the distance. No one seems to have any good solutions that I can turn to in the family. No one was expecting it. No one knew I was going to be the driver.

Could I expect it early on? Sense it, perhaps. Some know when very bad things are going to happen. Oh, I always knew it. But what was I going to do? 

Yes, I'm at that phase to be with someone who is in a state of confusion. Who can wake up at 8 pm wondering why I am not at work at 8 am...among other things. 

Having a congested heart means you might need a hospital bed, but he prefers to sleep in his computer chair instead. Someone who can fall asleep while waiting for breakfast to arrive at Village Inn. Everyone was a bit alarmed when he went to sleep in his chair while at Olive Garden on Father's Day.

It's the new norm, I try to say. In all, Father's was a good time, even if the little ones arrived late. And I got to bring home the salad no one wanted. So in all, not a bad time. And we got to see each other. Even the son who didn't have to go to work until 2 in the afternoon.

Of course, later, while someone had a snooze at home, I got to roll back to 2013 in my ELLIE story blog, when Harry Styles was the face claim for Henry, while Josie was still with Ian...and I noticed ALFIE was the bad guy. Well, different character..not the Alfie I write about now. Back when I wrote a lot about Henry. When Henry had a drug overdose and was never the same. Now days Henry is Miles Meng who is pictured in the pic above. Funny, I can't seem to get away from certain names.


"Henry had been away for a few weeks. It felt like years. The rehabilitation. But it was progress.

His speech was on the mend. He didn't sound as strange, anymore. His syntax was up to speed now, for the most part.

And he was remembering.

Although, there was much he didn't want to remember. He didn't want to talk about. Why must they? Wasn't it best to forget some things?

Besides, it took a lot out of him to get to this point. To come home. Wasn't that enough?

A part of him felt he was starting over. "

Sometimes, there are just certain occasions when you need to read certain things.


3 comments:

  1. Every life has paths. And we choose all of them
    If u trust in yourself and what you do, thats what matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siempre es bueno ver nuestros caminos y seguir adelante. Genial fragmento. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.