Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Altitude - movie review

Cory: I will myself to be awesome!

Altitude is a Canadian film that is kind of the horror genre. You've got teenagers on a plane flying to a Coldplay concert in Vancouver. The catch is one of them has already been in an airplane crash before. The plane crash that killed the pilot's mother who so happens to be beautiful and independent Sarah (Jessica Lowndes). Sort of this young Amanda Peet, who's a bit more sweet than any of Amanda's characters that I can remember, but she'd kind of a bitch. She was in the Haunting of Molly Hartley and a season of 90210(2008), as well.

I do have to admit the story was kind of lame, with its annoying beer drinking jerk (Sal) Jake Weary who's in the Fred Movie.


Its as if no one can think logically when a mysterious malfunction sends their small plane climbing out of control, a rookie pilot and her four teenage friends find themselves trapped in a deadly showdown with a supernatural force.

Yet, I did like the way the movie was shot. And I'm glad I got to see Ryan Donowho(famous for his bucket/drum playing on the subways, but last seen in BANDSLAM) in the movie. Honestly, it would have been better movie if his Cory and Landon Liborion's Bruce could have had a moment. But I guess it wouldn't have been horror then.

To me, horror is such a tough genre. It might have worked if perhaps they could have relied on each other more. While THE RUINS was an intense and suspenseful book, the movie was not so much. This movie has its moments. And if you so happen to be a fan of some the actors in the movie, you'll want to check it out. I heard it showed at the Screamfest in Hollywood. Some will get the TWILIGHT ZONE feel out of the movie. While others want a higher gore factor. The movie does have suspense. And everyone in the film definitely played their part.

6 comments:

  1. I like Ryan. He's a pretty good actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wanted to see this. Thanks for the review. Yeah, I am a Ryan fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thats funny about that thought of Ryan & Landon..hmmmm..it might would have made a better movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I'm hearing of this movie. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reviews, you are so honest :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.