Thursday, July 21, 2011

young the giant



Young the Giants formed in Irvine, California back in 2004. Sameer Gadhia (lead vocals), Jacob Tilley (guitar), Eric Cannata (guitar), Payam Doostzadeh (bass guitar), and François Comtois (drums). Formerly known as The Jakes. These guys have been learning their indie rock roots since high school and college. These artists are acoustic goodness!

Don’t let hurt curve it that way
But I said mama please take me home
Said I can’t stand bein’ alone
Cause the pain is shooting down my spine again
I said daddy’s feelin’ sick I think he’s gonna quit
Sweetness On the mouth of your caress
Twilight pass the stars of that open night


These guys have opened for Neon Trees, Marina and the Diamonds and Kings of Leons. The band has paid their dues at South by Southwest and Sasquatch music festival,  as well and even a gig on Jimmy Kimmel Live.



You may have heard their songs on MTV's The Real World: Brooklyn. These guys are spreading their music to great new heights with all sorts of media.
 tumblr



9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite bands - I LOVE Cough Syrup!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to do with the music, but I wish my hair and beard were more like the guy on the far left in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound awesome! I love hearing new music and adding them to my ipod!

    Eternally yours,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, funnily enough those two songs that you posted the videos for are my two favorites by them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like them! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.