Friday, October 7, 2011

Being Human-American version



I've been pleasantly surprised by SyFy's version of the UK show, Being Human. They've done a great adaptation, even down to the set of the show. Of course, its helped to have Sam Huntington as Josh the werewolf. And its a sweet bromance between Josh and Aidan the vampire played by Sam Witwer. And they found a wonderful woeful Sally the ghost played by Meaghan Rath.



STORYLINE: Three twenty-somethings share a house and try to live a normal life despite being a ghost, a werewolf, and a vampire.

Gives you a whole new perspective about going to the hospital these days.


I think the casting was spot on for this version of BEING HUMAN. The three interact so well together. And the story has an even flow to it, in spite of flashbacks from time to time, but at least you get a feel that you are watching the story unfold, instead of staring at the TV confused. Which I have to admit some shows leave you a lot to figure out these days on your own.




Aidan is the tormented vampire and he wears it well on his face. While Sally's wit can somehow push all the right buttons for the episode. She shows just how difficult it is to be a ghost. Josh, is fighting his own demons as well. Yet together they fight their foes and remain friends, living together..showing, you don't have to be of the same bloodline to be family.



Catch up on episodes of BEING HUMAN


New episodes start next year.




tumblr

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, this series sounds promising! Imagine having three different creatures in one house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tv series, I love it! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna watch it! I saw the add last ngiht! :D

    xx

    Have a great weekend! :)

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! This sounds like such an insanely cool show - I need to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I always wondered what the US remake would be like. I never watched the original version but It was super popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've watched the the First and second season of the British version. It is excellent. When i heard about the U.S. version i was a bit skeptical of course. After seeing the first 3 eps. I was sold. Sam Witwer as the vampire is great. This guy is solid in everything he does. Hope he gets more recognition. He's one hell of an actor and Sam Huntington, is great too. I feel bad for the guy as soon as he starts to change (American werewolf in London style). Weak link for me is Meaghan Rath. I do prefer the U.K. version of Sally. I've only seen a couple of episodes of the American version so, Meaghan probably will grow on me. Great show that everyone should see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the UK version..I'm glad the American version is as good as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Johnny's comment. Its really so much better than I expected.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.