Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fiction Tuesday - Night Road



Kirsten Hannah is the author of 18 best-sellers. She was once a lawyer, but now a full fledged author.

Yet again, you'll find another emotional and even terrifying read when you get your hands on NIGHT ROAD.

Where does she get her ideas? "I don't want to sound coy, but the truth is, I don't quite know. It's the most magical part of the process for me. I'm a pretty analytical gal, and I approach writing in the same just-the-facts-ma'am way I approach most things. I need to find an issue that engages me on an intellectual level, and then I need to marry that curiosity with a kind of passion. I need to feel genuinely passionate about each story before I ever write a word." She says about the writing process.





For a mother, life comes down to a series of choices. 
To hold on…
To let go..
To forget…
To forgive…

Which road will you take? 


Publisher's Weekly: Hannah follows up Winter Garden with a strained story of friendship, social pressures, love, and forgiveness. After a string of foster homes and the death of her heroin-addict mother, Lexi Baill is taken in by a newly discovered great-aunt who lives a spartan life near Seattle. Despite financial problems, the two are glad to have found each other, and though Lexi resolves to stay safely on the periphery at her new high school, she soon meets Mia, unhappy and awkward despite a solid family life, a loving twin brother, Zach, and a closetful of clothes. The friendship flourishes, and Mia's mother, Jude, relieved and pleased for her daughter, draws Lexi into the family circle. But trouble begins in senior year with a slowly growing attraction between Zach and Lexi, who take great pains to make Mia comfortable with the change in the dynamics. This familiar story takes an unfortunate turn deep into after-school-special territory when Lexi, Mia, and Zach collectively make a bad decision that results in a tragedy with extreme repercussions. Even readers who like their melodrama thick will have problems as Hannah pushes credibility to the breaking point, and more than once.




You'll find her writing vivid and quite a page turner. This is a book where you'll be rooting for the characters. The friendships made, the trials they go through. This is a worthy read.

6 comments:

Hi, I love hearing from people.