Friday, July 6, 2012

The Amazing Spiderman



Just what makes Spiderman so amazing this time? Andrew Garfield, of course. He certainly gave Peter Parker a lot of heart as a major player in this film. Geeky, sneaky, and out for the truth.

  • The characters overall seemed way more relatable. This Peter Parker is not portrayed as the total “loser” but he is still smart and all that. He is portrayed as more average though. I like this a lot. 
  • The love interest is so much more interesting the MJ. I never liked MJ because all she did was get captured. This new girl is actually smart…and helps…
  • The Storyline was great in both movies. I think this one however had better writing and better actors. In this movie you got all the emotional stuff along with all the action…it seems it was put together alot better then the original…Although I still thing the Green Goblin is awesome…
Overall this movie was really good. I enjoyed watching it. I felt like this new set of actors and characters did a much better job then the original movies. I also love the fact that we understand more of Peter’s character and his story. There is more thought put into Peter’s emotions in this one and I love it.
See this movie…now…go….don’t question…no…just go see it now..-bored gamer

We all have secrets: the ones we keep… and the ones that are kept from us.
Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman, 2012)

For the most part this version stuck with the original story of Parker becoming Spiderman. The history of his parents. Uncle Ben. High school moments. Also, I will confessed I did like Gwen Stacey over Mary Jane, any day. Her character was much stronger and wiser and I'd say she was Spiderman's equal. Also, I adored the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield.

''Don't make promises you can't keep''
”but those are the best kind”-The Amazing Spiderman


Flash (Chris Zylka) was more of a bully than anything. I like that the story mainly stayed with the connection between Peter and Gwen and of course, the villain (Rhys Ifans) Dr. Curt Connors. Ifans is showing up in so many movies lately, and he certainly delivers what the director wants.



This was certainly more of a 'history' of spiderman that is played out in the movie. The special effects were pretty darn good. Of course, we had a movie for a lot of different fans too. I still have to wonder how some felt about the "lizard". I have mixed feelings if that was the right villan to have for this chapter in a movie. Yet, I feel Rhys Ifans is an extra-ordinary actor.



I felt the movie was a nice balance between the romance and how Parker grows into some one his Uncle Ben would have been proud of. While to others, I'm sure was there just for the ride to see all the fun stuff Spiderman does while fighting crime. 


tumblr

3 comments:

  1. This and the last movie you posted about-I wanna see them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see this take on Spider-Man; though I do miss Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire - they will forever be my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heard this was really good... i think i will go check it out!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.