Friday, July 14, 2017

The summer he thought I was beautiful

The summer he thought I was beautiful

Seriously, I thought something might be wrong with him. Up until then, I thought we were barely friends. Sometimes, I didn't believe he liked me at all. He was the quiet sort. Angry about something, I suppose, but I never knew what. Maybe, he was getting over someone, or things weren't so good at home. We all have problems.  

We met while I was walking home from the library, and he was cutting grass on one of those really big lawn mowers that you stand on. He wasn't wearing a shirt. So I noticed him right away. The sweat. The beating sun. I offered him my water bottle. To bad, I  didn't have another. Yeah, it was summer someone asked for my phone number within a few minutes. I heard of things like that happening decades ago. I just didn't think it would happen to me.

1 comment:

Hi, I love hearing from people.