Friday, December 8, 2017

Nico & Violet

nico & violet



"Who was he?" Nico  asked after Violet's friend left.

"Oh, sorry I didn't introduce you." She didn't seem her cheery self to Nico. "That's Kenzo, my big brother."

She went to clean up.

"He's never been here before." Nico winced. "What did he want?"

"Not much." She shrugged and went on with getting the dishes rinsed out in the kitchen and into the steel dishwasher.

"You, should have told me, you had a brother." Nico was a little hurt, thinking maybe she didn't think that much of him, anyway.

"He's not around. On his way to Paris." She kept her back to him as she told him this. "He asked me if I wanted to go."

"Paris?" Nico thought that sounded fantastic. "Why won't you go?"

"Because." The sound of her voice was rather bleak. "I don't know him well. It would be like leaving with a stranger."

He knew she was crying then. All he knew to do was to give her a hug.

"Evidently, I never meant that much to my family." She blubbered into his chest. She told him what had happened to her father, gambling their saving all away and now in jail. Her mom had left for the Philippines.

"What will you do now?" Nico asked.

"I'll stay with Yugi and Tan." She made it sound that nothing had changed at all.

Nico sighed, knowing it was just temporary. Yugi had enough to worry about with his boyfriend and ex.

"You, can stay with me." Even after he said it. He knew it wouldn't be the perfect situation, but until her brother decided to come back and take her away, they would somehow manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from people.