Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Christmas Party

ellie's so called life - the Christmas party


I thought about calling this one..if we were only in Tokyo ..our hostess talked a lot about living in Japan..so we had to take our shoes off..good thing the boy wore his best socks and me, too. 

It was fun. Beautiful house. Great decorations. And I got to me a co-worker's husband. He really looked all of 15, but I think he's 27.

Later, while the boy was doing some virtual reality game in the basement my Indigenous friend wanted me to drink wine with her..since no one else would. And that's when she told me the tragic news about someone we both know. It was a lot to take in.

Finally, a few came back from the basement to escape the SPOONS game and they spoke of Christmas' past and the potty mouth game that made everyone leave the party early, one year.

Funny, how we remember more of the bad stuff than the good. 

Then the martini and coffee conversation came up. I had no idea there was such a thing.

It was good to be with co-workers outside of work. Of course, my supervisor didn't come. I guess she thought she would be too LOUD if she drank, but really she is the life of the party when she's around.

-ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from people.