Saturday, July 24, 2021

LOCKDOWN DIARY


 Has it been a long hot summer?

MAXIE: In spite of all Ambs hard work with getting the recognition she deserves, she's been in  our kitchen night and day. And it's a hot one! Sweaty and all. I dunno how she does it. (He looks a little sad) of course, she came third in the contest, but still, it's given her loads of customers. She's been working from home, filling orders.

AMBER: (looking more thin than ever) It is a task just staying cool, but it's all worth it. (she smiles) At least I keep telling myself.

MAXIE: Must be that global warming. We've had to break down and get some cooling units. Especially, in the kitchen and the bedroom. (He shrugs with a smile)

AMBER: He's a polar bear at night. (she chuckles)

MAXIE: I've been doing my fair share of sweating, too. (He looks at her as if he hasn't been sitting on his arse all the time)

AMBER: Yes, he's been gardening and cutting down, loads of vegetation we didn't really need out back. (she smiles) We might have egg plant soon.

MAXIE: I know it shouldn't be our favorite room at home, but there is always something going on in the kitchen. And I have to be there to taste the goods.

5 comments:

  1. Me gusto la pareja te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen is my favorite place in the house

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the cooking contest netted Amber lots of customers. And your commentary about Maxie is funny: "I've been doing my fair share of sweating, too. (He looks at her as if he hasn't been sitting on his arse all the time)" Arse always makes me giggle because it sounds so proper!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.