Friday, December 10, 2021

5. Visit his mom to help put up the Christmas tree and get ideas for someone's Christmas present.

 What would you wear if...Christmas Count Down🎁


What do you usually get the male in your family? When I was young, back when (mixtape) music mixes were a thing, we vowed that would be our gift-giving. Yeah, I know...we are on the cheap. But it was fun and we used to actually have a date in a record store (and then to the Thrift Store). Nowadays, people look at me funny when I mention something like that. But really, I loved getting a CD mix for Christmas.

Because there are so many beards in my family..um, I make a lot of beard oil with essential oils. Although, Aragon oil is usually the carrier oil that I use. But sandalwood and sweet orange are two of my favorite scents for guys. However, I came across Duke Cannon products recently..and I love them! Honestly, I am never out for the WOW factor. They seem to expect socks, and graphic tees, flannels along with a gift card.



 


OK, I'm not gonna lie, but I don't send out Christmas Cards anymore. If I do, well..they might not get them to late January. Oh, I might have two or three friends who still do this tradition. Honestly, I'd rather have a personal letter than a family update that's been pre-formulated with only HAPPY NEWS. My favorite letters are from my friend in Germany who always includes a few artsy clippings of her own doodles, a teabag or two and a wonderful letter.

Do you send out Christmas Cards?



7. Make a Christmas gnome with a friend.

Oh, I did this last year with a friend and her kids. We had so much fun. They were so excited about their gnomes. We got all the supplies at Dollar Tree. We handled the rice packed in the socks and the glue gun. There are so many tutorials you can find on this activity. We later made snowmen from cozy socks when it started to snow and needed indoor activities.


6 comments:

  1. I loved the ideas. Christmas is great for reconnecting with people and doing new things
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas I do still send cards out just less of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually send out a few Christmas cards and give to our neighbours too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. La navidad siempre hace que uno se contacte con los amigos que no ves a menudo. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much good stuff here! You make beard oil in addition to everything else?! Wow. What a cool craft and gift idea! I also love the idea of making a gnome. And I don't send Christmas cards either -- unless someone sends me one. So far, I need to send two.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.