Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sunday tidbits

 


Oh, it's really been nice weather. Actually. Just waiting for the humidity, because I know it will come. I got invited to a birthday party. Except, it won't happen until the person gets here. They are traveling from out west. My friend told me to look for anything blue. So I find this blanket (very soft and blue) and the guy at the counter says "Hey you can get this tomorrow for a quarter." I didn't want to take a chance on it not being here, because this person is older and well, I felt she might need it. I told him I didn't mind spending the eight bucks. I know I'm probably an idiot, but I really didn't want to got back to that store on Saturday. So I went with the blue theme.

Blue Hearts


The Boyfriend Material group is growing and I'm getting some good feedback even if I had to incorporate two contests that weren't "writing" or RP-related. It seems the star of summer is Jamie Campbell Bower. His faceclaim has showed up more than once thanks to Stranger Things 4. Just what I needed to see this summer. Once upon a time, I listened to his band, long before he was popular. Still, I think of him as someone, a little lost. He always seemed he had a lot of heart and fell in love easily. But then again, probably coming to America, one would want to have ties of home. Although, he is 33 now. Yes, even I had used him for a faceclaim in a very old storyblog I used to write. Of course, the story happened in the library. And the circulation clerk would fall in love with someone in TECH and the rest was history. Bex & Oliver.



We went out for an early lunch. We had heard about their fried pickles. And they were cut this way as in the video and I am pretty certain this is the recipe they used. Yes, just one trip to the salad bar and fried pickles. I know, I shouldn't have. Maybe next time I will make my own if I ever get in the mood for them again. They were great with ranch. We also had fried mushrooms too. 



Blue Macaw Crochet Anatomic Slide Sandal


I am so adoring these shoes. Although, they are quite expensive. But I do find them inspiring. 




Of course, I just bought my second pair of squishy slip-on from BELOW FIVE. I have them in tan and black now. They are shower shoes. But I like them for around the house and even to cook in. You don't know how messy I can get.



OK, I am a fan of Lesser Evil popcorn. I must eat at least 2 bags of it a week. It is one snack I can get away with. And having fiber is a plus. Especially, as much fiber as I need. What's your favorite snack?

6 comments:

  1. Oh those sandals - amazing. Weather had been totally wild here in Scotland :-| Heavy rain and wild winds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried pickles sound interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried pickles sound good. I don't think I've had those. Mushrooms- fried or otherwise- yum. I've been on a mushrooms kick lately. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried pickles?! Omg I have never heard of those before!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these tidbits! That was so sweet of you to buy your friend the blue birthday blanket. I'm sure he or she will love it :) Those squishy slip-on sandals do indeed look comfy; I can see why you went for a second pair. Still, that colorful macaw pair is amazing! I wear either flip flops or my super old slippers around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.