Sunday, July 7, 2024

Wade & Ren

 


They stuck to the landing.. Well not necessarily. For a second there was a chance but Wade twisted his ankle slightly causing both him and Ren to collapse on each other. Wade lying down first and Ren is on top of him. "Ouch," he groans then claps his hands on the platform to situate himself properly. "You ok?" He asks Ren as her head is still placed on Wade's torso. She grins with eyes closed "Yeah I'm ok." and starts to sit up. Suddenly she falls back onto Wade's lap. "Take it easy there," Wade urges. "It's fine to rest a moment. Can't hurt." After all, Ren's not used to smoking so she feels dizzy when getting up even slowly. They stay still a moment longer catching breath after experiencing fall. Getting strength back is important. Nice wind in the air wisps Ren's hair covering her face while continually lying down. Wade gently takes his hand and pushes it to the side for her. "Don't worry," he insists. "We'll tell Miss Lily all that's happened so she absolutely cannot make us go back. No fricken way otherwise we'll sue." Wade ensures seriously but yet in a joking manner. Ren starts sitting up again this time feeling less faint. The rest sure did help. Then both grasp onto the railing from the fire escape to get up.

"Shit ouch," Wade's ankle is causing some slight discomfort. Wade ignores it and holds the railing tight. Looks like limping is the best bet for getting out of here. Making their way to the storefront, all Wade can think about in his head is taking a nice refreshing shower to clean up, putting some clean clothes on, and heading out to his little shack in the forest. Meanwhile, tired out Ren is thinking about another sleepless night with her Aunt. Arriving at the red doors now Wade twists handle to open. Nothing happens as it appears the store is closed. "What the heck?" Wade looks down at his watch. "The time sure has gone fast!" "Interesting," Ren lets out "I'd say. So, it is completely possible Miss Lily actually forgot about us. To think that was only a theory in my mind," Wade says glancing down at his watch again. It's passed closing time. "Unfortunately my stuff is still in the break room," adds Ren. "Yeah, mine as well. I'd offer to pay for a snack since I'm starved from all this. Turns out my wallet is in my backpack so that's out." Ren kicks a pebble around with her shoe. "That means we'll need to return tomorrow to retrieve our stuff. Darn it." She sighs big, "After all we've gone through I was seriously thinking of never returning." "Honestly same," Wade replies itching to go home. He scratches the back of his head. No more than a few seconds later they proceed to leave for their dwelling places. Wade walks with Ren far as she lets him go with her. He can feel tension vibes from Ren and wonders what is happening. Like she just gives off irritation. "I know we only met today but I'm a great listener if you ever need to let something off your chest," He offers to be Ren's confidant. "Not to be forward or anything." "I'm alright," She yawns "Can't wait to return back to my aunt..." "Everything ok with her?" "Well she's finicky always finding the worst times to cause problems," Ren confesses "You know it can get so physically and emotionally taxing." "Sorry to hear that," replies Wade sympathetically. He then takes a chance without coming off as awkward or overbearing. "If you ever need some space or time alone..." Trails off then "You're welcome at my place. Sure my parents won't have a problem plus my shack in the woods offers some peace of mind. Very serene and quiet back there with many of my handmade amenities. It's an option to consider if you want to escape stress." Ren turns to him and grins, "I'll definitely take you up on that."

6 comments:

  1. Great stories from the reality u have here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they'll be spending time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genial y divertido fragmento. Parecen una buena pareja. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Other amazing chapter!!!
    I love read your stories, they are always a great moment for me
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.