Saturday, August 7, 2021

LOCKDOWN DIARY



 We went down to the sea. Granted, we both grew up here. That doesn't mean we love the ocean. I guess we must be land-lovers after all. Of course, we love what we have from the sea. Maxie loves seafood more than I do. Give him a seafood stew and he's a happy boy. Give me a shrimp here or there and that's enough for me. I'm definitely no mermaid.

Actually, as majestic as the shoreline is, I'm awful afraid of the ocean. I don't want to be swallowed by the waves. It's like a horror waiting to happen. While, my Maxie, he's the seafarer's son and he could probably live on a boat. He loves the outdoors.

I didn't think we'd spend the day, but oh no..he had plans. We needed to get back to nature. According to him. It was tough on my hair. I dunno. Perhaps, I was thinking it was going to be some kind of romantic walk. Moreless, a hike instead. 

Not that he minded carrying me on his back on the way home. I was so tired. I thought I might have caught a disease.

"This is why you need to be outside, Babe," Max told me as if he'd have to pamper me back to health.

I thought it funny. And yet, it felt the beginning of something. Maybe I didn't want to listen. So I kissed him. Thank god, he shut up. 

-Amber



4 comments:

  1. Uy que dulce y romántico. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very contemplative installment from Amber. For the first time, I feel like maybe she and Maxie aren't on the same page: "I thought it funny. And yet, it felt the beginning of something. Maybe I didn't want to listen. So I kissed him. Thank god, he shut up." Then again, people in couples have their own stuff, and sometimes it doesn't mean anything. I like how you go into both Amber's and Maxie's feelings about the ocean. I used to live at the beach and loved the feel of it but didn't necessarily always want to be on the beach and definitely not in the ocean. I like when Amber says she's "no mermaid."

    Your comment "Our governor might as well be lost in a corn field these days." is hilarious. And I totally agree. All governors should mandate masks to help stop this crazy COVID thing. From the get-go, it amazed me how wishy-washy the people in charge were about this horrible disease that's killing tons of people. Well, wear a mask if you want. Or don't. If you're exposed to the virus, make sure to self-quarantine. Then, later, if you're not vaccinated, wear a mask. If you are, you don't have to. Everyone's more worried about offending people than about staying safe. And it's all on the honors system, a system that seldom works. Okay, dismounting from my soap box now. But it's always nice to find like-minded people. Stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.