Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday Tidbits

 


Well, I've been under the weather. Of course, a lot of sicknesses are going around. I'm glad it wasn't respiratory.  Even so I feel so blah after an upset stomach in the middle of the night. I needed to stay in bed all day. I'm afraid it might be the medication I am taking has finally set in. And this might be the way my holidays go. 

I started to wonder, am I eating what I shouldn't be eating. I had made a cheese soup earlier in the week. It was just with stuff I had on hand. Actually, I thought, "Oh, I'm using my ingenuity!" With a sipping chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and frozen broccoli with carrots and onion. Naturally, a load of sharp cheddar shredded just for good cheesiness. I felt OK after eating it. Really, I don't think it was the problem.

We had a cold front move-in. I was supposed to go to a craft show on Saturday with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. I was leary of it most of the week. Thinking there would be so many people. I didn't want to get sick. But then she never called. And I got sick. So maybe this was supposed to happen.




Oh, friendships... we have been friends for some time. Although, it did take her a good long time to warm up as friends..even at work. And then we would plan once a month to go out. Sometimes, we would get lost in the city, but it was always a nice adventure. But she no longer works where I do. And she kept saying..I'll have loads of time. Although, she doesn't. I do understand that family does come first. It's funny now, she has said she's never been good friends with anyone. She won't take phone calls from someone we used to work with who moved away. Which, I know is understandable. Usually, my P.A. friend is high or drunk when she calls, but not all the time. Maybe, it's because I'm used to odd phone calls from way back in college. Well, even before then. Back when phones were meant for live conversations.

TRUE STORY: Granted, I lived in rural Texas and a school friend couldn't take phone calls from her house because she didn't want her mom to know she was dating this "Senior" so we (he & I) developed quite the phone relationship. Sometimes, we'd forget why he called in the first place. Although, I never dated the guy.  In later years, I would still get phone calls from various people who wanted to talk. But that is the past. You just tune in to podcasts now. (although, I've never made one.)

But back to my friend who wants us still to do things together, we see less and less of each other. I doubt I see her anytime soon.

It's National Cookie day! Yeap, just in time for Christmas. Do you make cookies this early? It's been a while since I've gone to a cookie exchange. Even then  I would make fudge or blondie bars. I just never had the time or patience to go into detail about cookies. I have been known to eat cookie dough too. 

I guess we plan to celebrate Christmas early this year. Have a Saturday brunch on Christmas eve.. Although, I am not sure all the relatives can come to this. Some will be working. One has her dog to worry about. She can't leave him home alone. He has been going to doggie daycare. 

Hopefully, we won't be waiting til noon to eat. Although, someone would rather have smoked meat at these occasions.



6 comments:

  1. EsperΓ³ que te sientas mejor. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ellie, I'm so sorry you're sick! I'm glad it's not RSV, especially since your coworker had it. It seems like sickness is around more than ever before now; my sister's three kids keep passing stuff back and forth. Anyway, in your case, I agree that it probably wasn't your soup. And hopefully it's not your new medication either.

    I also agree that friendships can be tough. I've never been good at them face-to-face, but I've had more than my share of pen pals back in the day, and every one of them stopped writing first. Not everyone's a writer, though, or wants to take the time, so I get it.

    Your plans for a Christmas Eve brunch sound very nice, even if there are a few glitches (but then, at the holidays, when are there not?).

    Hang in there and take care of yourself! πŸ˜€πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸ€πŸŒ»πŸ₯˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medications can be tricky! I just started something too and felt terrible all over Thanksgiving! Was it medication side effects or just all in my head, or did I have a bug? We even though I might have had Covid- a mild case but still... anywho I hope you are better!

    That soup does sound good.

    Wow, that's a great point about conversations via phone. YES, remember when we'd actually be on them... for hours? Now they're just text machines :)

    I hpe you are able to eat some good over at the holidays. And by the way? I LOVE Missing PErsons. And Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I had a terrible chest infection at the start of this year..never had anything like it before. I started to read up on how to boost my immune system. So since then I take a tea spoon of turmeric powder, ginger powder and cinnamon powder in a small amount of water. OMG it tastes vile, not gonna lie about that but I have noticed a BIG difference. As we are in the middle of winter here and so many bugs and viruses going about, I've upped my dose to 2 lots a day...one mix in the morning and one in the evening.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.