Saturday, December 3, 2022

He Was in a Boyband

 



NAME: Finn


Age when you met: 22

 

Age he is now: 42


 When and where did you meet? In a pub at one of his concerts. We didn't think he and the Giants would make it big. I mean, most of us were a bit sloshed when we listened to him. But I met him that night at an after-party. Granted, we were both a bit tipsy yet we know how to hold our liquor. It was a fun night really. I know all my best mates think it was a one-nighter, but we ran through the village that night. Holding hands watching out to keep from getting into trouble down by the river. It was fast and furious, you know but that was our youth.


 Oh, it makes me smile now. I remember how Finn told me he found himself getting drunk just for the confidence to get on stage. Oh, I knew it would end badly. But he and his mates got on the tele and before the village knew it they were off to L.A., and they carried a tune even the folks could enjoy. They were on to something, I guess. We texted a bit. I got a phone call when the band won the show. Yes, he made me giddy at the thought he might come back for me, but you know time changes things, and I dunno if the drinking became drugs or what. The band split up. Last I heard he said he was going to give it a shot on a soap, but then I heard he made a documentary somewhere in Canada. Yeah, we lost track of time. I fell in and out of love several times. Now I have Darby. 


Back in the day, some reporters came out. You know, asking about the kiddie. I just said he was mine. That was all there was to it. What did they think had happened? The immaculate conception over the internet?


 How long did you keep in touch?  Not long enough. I guess that's all there is to it. I didn't expect anything from him. We might as well be strangers now. 


Where did you meet now? Back at the pub. I'm a barmaid there. It's just one of my part-time jobs. Honestly, I wouldn't have known. He's not that kid anymore.


Will it last or will it end? Um, he says I haven't changed a bit. He's still a flirt. But Darby likes him so I might give him a chance this Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this blast from the past - so fun to see how things are remembered.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me ha encantado el capitulo!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ojala le de una oportunidad. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very poignant, especially this part: "I know all my best mates think it was a one-nighter, but we ran through the village that night. Holding hands watching out to keep from getting into trouble down by the river. It was fast and furious, you know but that was our youth." You really have a way with wistfulness -- and lost love. ๐Ÿ’”๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ’Œ๐ŸŽธ

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.