Friday, July 21, 2023

Flash Back Friday


 

The Cars That Ate Paris (1974) A very dark horror comedy by Peter Weir. It was his first feature film and also based on a short story he had written. It started the Australian New Wave drama trend. 

Be careful what you do with car parts. You may never want to hurt your car again.

Why have this on your bucket list of movies? It's a cult classic, especially of indie films (two brothers that were friends of his got this project going). A great start for Weir with the vast landscape from down under. It's science fiction in an earthy spectrum. It's a gem of a film.

6 comments:

  1. Peter Weir- seems like I've heard of him. I'm a fan of The Road warrior too- the second movie, mainly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An avid science fiction film fan donated a lot of his DVDs and he really has a list of worth science fiction movies.
      I like the Mad Max films too. The original Mad Max came out in 1979 by the director George Miller.

      Delete
    2. I love The Road warrior and kinda Fury Road too. I bet there's good stuff in that donation. :)

      Delete
  2. No la conocía tomó nota. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of this movie, but I can see why it's a cult classic! 🚗🎬🧟‍♀️

    Also, I hope you're faring well in the heat and that you can "keep up with your bra these last few weeks in July as it just gets hotter." You crack me up! 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.