Sunday, July 16, 2023

In the land of Elsa


 I recently found out that somebody's dog ate her beloved Elsa. Elsa of Frozen is the queen of all her dolls. Really, I thought she had like a couple of twins handy, but evidently not. So I went in search of Elsa and did not find any at Target. Of course, there is a movie coming out so a lot of stuff was devoted to that pink movie. I ended up finding one in the last place I expected when I went to the nearby base for actually something else. Of course, it is an Elsa which is in an outfit you can't take off but the blue boots just to fin blue plastic legs. Thankfully, it is made by Mattel and  it was easy to do a head swap. My first try didn't go so well since Elsa is so ivory. So I did find a MTM Barbie on sale this week. Hopefully, the dog will not chew this one up because..well when it all adds up she close to being a thirty dollar doll. I mean, I had one doll already (which did not work because of the skin tone, and the other two were ten and thirteen dollars..OK, a good twenty-buck investment, and the dolls have multiplied, as well.

While I was in Trader Joe's someone scraped my car. It isn't awful..but it was a very busy Saturday there and I am too exhausted to think about it. 



I went to a sound bath this week at the library! It was very relaxing. I have never seen our large meeting room this comfy before. Have you ever done this?



OK I found the tulle I just need to find the ribbon now. I hope to get one or two made soon.

6 comments:

  1. The sound bath sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no about Trader Joe's. It's always something, right? Glad you were able t ofind a doll though.

    I've never seen a sound bath before but I love ambience so I'd probably dig this!

    I'm sorry the Neptune link was so obnoxious! Yikes after I left it I was like what a mess. why couldn't it have been a shorter link lol? anyway I'm glad you liked the lyrics. I used toehar that song all the time as a kid and loved it! I have been sinpired by songs to write a story, I think. Although ususally it's art. Songs can be so evocative for that, though. We should do a song prompt sometime. Pick a song and do a flash fiction or one paragraph story. :)

    I can see Frampton coming t omind! And yes I do listen to background music when I write- it's usually ambient stuff like I post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already going to use this video to sleep, I love sounds like this to fall asleep and block out external noise.
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es una bella muñeca. Geniales videos. te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so glad you found your Elsa, challenges and all! I'm sure the recipient will be over the moon. But that's terrible about your car! I get your reaction, though. Sometimes the best thing to do is to let go. I've never heard of a sound bath. It "sounds' interesting. Your library seems like an increasingly fascinating place. I hope you can continue to avoid the (albeit seasonal, not work-related) migraines, unlike your colleagues. And that your last summer reading program days are good ones! 📕📙📒📗📘

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.