Sunday, July 9, 2023

Living in a Barbie World

 


From my understanding, the "Karl" face mold comes from German Designer Karl Lagerfeld. 



He designed a Barbie for Mattel back as early as 2013, but might have been perfected better by 2014.



At the moment I am beginning to think I have the Daisy doll instead (which originally were part of the curvy line).. And most of these dolls were in the first "curvy" line of Barbies, but evidently, there were an abundance of doll heads because they can be found on many different shapes and skin tones of Barbies, from budget Barbie, career Barbies and more. However, I think many have been bought up as the "Asian Barbie."  As if I needed to study the history of modern Barbie dolls. Of course, the new Barbie we find so often now came about in 2015 as the Millie doll. 

When I look back at how my mom collected dolls, she only wanted special editions as in the Christmas Barbie. Of course, this meant, never touching them. They had to stay in the box. While I on the other hand like to see which Barbie becomes popular over time. And of course, I like the idea of "playing" Barbies which on some counts includes having many voices and being ready for an improv of drama!

I have to admit I was very happy that someone finally felt included when I gave him the slim Ken doll since his sister wouldn't let him play with her long-haired Ken doll. He had told me early on that Ken needed new shoes and new clothes. Perhaps, he's a good brother after all since he has to dress most of the Barbies for her. At five she struggles to get on the dresses and shoes. Also, I think she enjoys bossing her brother around. Although, I think she is also his biggest fan. Because if anyone can be the drama king it's him. 

6 comments:

  1. Playing Barbies seems like it would be fun. I mean, my kids watched all those movies (Queen of the Waves) and played with Barbies and Pollies.

    :):))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindas barbies. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindas barbies. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I think I know a lot about Barbie, you come out with something fresh. Like one with a face based on Karl Lagerfeld! Who knew? I love the doll in the yellow dress and also the one with the pink hair. And I'm glad to hear that offering up your Ken helped that brother and sister. It sounds like they're having a blast! 🎀🎀🎀

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.