Monday, July 31, 2023

WAYNE

 


It's hard to think Wayne might have a heart of gold, but with Mark McKenna (Irish no less, but you don't feel a hint of it) at the helm, anything is possible. Yes, the YOUTUBE original (2019) is rough and tough. It really gives an Upstate New York feel to it. If it was any northern it might be funny. Add in a girl selling cookies (Clara Bravo) and wow..there you go, "Let's get my dad's Trans AM back!" You can catch it on YOUTUBE now or PRIME ...that is if you are hard up for a show to watch. 



If only it could have been more like Unbelievable Truth (1989)! I loved the accents! The characters and a girl who was afraid she was hearing bombs. It was Adrienne Shelly's start. The dialogue was short, but cool. I LOVED THIS FILM! It was indie film at its best. Unfortunately, reality took her from us in 2006.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no. I didn't know about these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa dica! Obrigada! pena que a atriz faleceu...
    Beijos! 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly went on to directed Waitress. She was killed in her own home by an intruder.

      Delete
  3. Sheesh, I didn't know all that about Adrienne Shelly! So sad. I loved Waitress. 💖🥧

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias por la recomendación. te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.